National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau
JOIN THE UTAH CHAPTER
Joining the Utah Chapter of the NCPWB entitles you to an inexpensive way to certify as many welders as you would like. Also, by complying with welding codes, only sound welds are produced – saving you, the contractor, time and money that would otherwise be wasted in going back to correct errors.
Requirements for Membership:
- Must be a mechanical contractor who is regularly engaged in the fabrication or erection of piping systems.
- Must be signatory to a labor agreement with the United Association (in Utah – UA Local 140).
- Must be a member of the local chapter of the NCPWB where available before joining the national organization.
To join, simply complete the below NCPWB Membership Application Packet and return, along with payment, to the UMCA.
ONE-TIME INITIATION FEE
(Currently being covered by UMCA)
ANNUAL DUES (prorated as follows)
JANUARY – MARCH: $550
APRIL – JUNE: $450
JULY – SEPTEMBER: $350
OCTOBER – DECEMBER: $250
Payments should be made to the UMCA via check or to pay by credit card, please contact the UMCA Office. Completed applications should be submitted via mail, email, or fax to the following.
Utah Mechanical Contractors Association
669 South 200 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
The Utah Chapter (UNCPWB) of the National Certified Pipe Welding Bureau (NCPWB) is a member organization serving the state of Utah. The UNCPWB was established on April 19, 2015 and membership in the UNCPWB is open to all Utah Mechanical Contractors Association Contractor Members.
The purposes of the UNCPWB are:
- To provide its member contractors with access to the latest methods, information and data on welding specification procedures for safe and effective welding.
- To create a work force of welders who have been uniformly trained and qualified following the same WPSs, thereby permitting the interchange of such welders between NCPWB members without unnecessary individual duplication of such qualification tests.
- To assist contractors in providing end-users with quality welding at reduced costs through the use of certified welding.
- To promote, develop the use of, and generally maintain the quality of welding in the piping industry.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
Membership in the Utah Chapter of the NCPWB entitles members to enrollment in the local welding chapter as well as the NCPWB. Membership in these two organizations entitles members to establish and qualify Welding Procedure Specifications (WPSs) which conform with requirements of Section IX, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code and which comply with other nationally recognized codes for various methods of welding. Additionally, by joining the UNCPWB, members can reduce the risk of noncompliance.
By becoming a member of the UNCPWB, you not only gain access to local welding records, but you have access to the welding records from chapters across the country through NCPWB’s records. The UNCPWB is directly affiliated with the NCPWB and therefore offers its members the benefits of a local and national partnership.
Membership in the UNCPWB will entitle you to certify as many steamfitter welders as you would like at absolutely no cost. Membership will also entitle you to:
- Receive certification papers for any Local 140 certified welder.
- Automatic membership in the NCPWB, which will provide you with information regarding the latest technology, new welding procedures, and other helpful welding information.
- Receive certification papers for any registered certified welder, including travelers, in the country.
669 South 200 East, Suite 200
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
Phone | 801-364-7768
Fax | 801-531-7725
Sarah Hill, Chapter Secretary
Andy Mollerup, Technical Representative
1385 Piccard Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
Phone | 301-869-5800
Fax | 301-990-9690
Nick Nikpourfard, Director
UPCOMING TESTING DATES
There are currently no scheduled upcoming test dates. If you have a welder that you would like to test, please contact the UMCA Office at 801.364.7768.
Click Here To Download the Contractor Witness Testing Checklist