(Thursday) 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Utah Career Center
640 N. Billy Mitchell Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84116
In the world of a mechanical contractor the business environment is rapidly changing making tension high and volatile situations are bound to rise. Conflict can erupt at any time,
In the world of a mechanical contractor the business environment is rapidly changing making tension high and volatile situations are bound to rise. Conflict can erupt at any time, as pressure mounts on people and organizations trying to do more with less. In this highly interactive workshop, you will explore some of the conflict management skills demonstrated by effective and successful leaders. This course will give attendees the hands-on tools, techniques and skills needed to identify, evaluate and solve conflicts in the workplace and in their personal life.
How Attendees Will Benefit:
- Gain an awareness of how conflict can erupt
- Learn to identify your personal conflict management style and that of others
- Reduce stress by learning to manage conflict
- Face tough people and situations with confidence
- Increase efficiency and productivity
What we will cover
- 8 step conflict management model
- Key strategies and tactics used by master conflict negotiators
- How to deal very effectively with difficult people and situations
- 7 magic keys to understanding people in conflict
- How to develop the mindset of a champion conflict negotiator
- Five popular but ineffective approaches to conflict management
- Dealing with anger, resentment, jealousy, criticism, low self-esteem and other heavy emotions
- The wonderful art of saying unpleasant things pleasantly
- 3 key skills of conflict management masters
- Master practical proven techniques for dealing with uncomfortable challenging situations
- How to communicate with authority and impact
- Case studies on conflict resolution
- Your amazing powers to deal with conflict
- Your 30 day action plan
About Michael Geraghty:
Michael is an expert on cross cultural communication and negotiation with over 15 years of corporate experience in a Fortune 500 Company as Head of International Purchasing. Mr. Geraghty has negotiated deals and contracts all over America, Europe and Asia. He is an Adjunct Professor at St Mary’s College, Moraga, California
Co-directed Key Project to reduce Supplier Base from 1217 to 187 over 5 years.
Inducted into Fortune 500 key employee program for “outstanding performance.”
Featured in cover story for purchasing Magazine – the “Bible” for buyers in America.
Author of the award-winning book “Anyone Can Negotiate – Even You!”.
If you have any questions please contact the UMCA office at (801)364-7768